Pynchon Wiki: The Crying of Lot 49
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
This is the newly created Wiki for Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49. Besides using the Alphabetical Index and the page-by-page annotation, you can also take a look at The Crying of Lot 49 covers, read the reviews, or provide insights or observations.
How to Use this Wiki
The Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from that, it's up to you.
Page by Page Annotations
An alternate form of commentary on the text. The guiding principle of these annotations is to remain spoiler-free, so that readers can follow along without the fear that later parts of the book will be revealed.
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Chapter 5||Chapter 6|
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on Pynchon Wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- When creating a new page, if its information pertains to one (and only one) specific Pynchon novel, please categorize it with the appropriate identifier. For example, a page pertaining to The Crying of Lot 49, should use the syntax
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index or Page by Page Annotations, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Discussion Subject|'''DISCUSSION''']]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in bold and full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- "Reading Pynchon Today" in the New Partisan
- "Pynchon From A to V" - Excellent!
- Pynchonoid Blog
- Pomona The Crying of Lot 49 page
- Wikipedia: The Crying of Lot 49
GalleryBelow are some of the images you will find on Pynchon Wiki.
Thanks, and enjoy...
We will be providing more support for using this wiki in the coming weeks. Feel free to contact us (admin at pynchonwiki dot com) with any questions.