Pynchon Wiki: The Crying of Lot 49
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
This is the newly created Wiki for Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49. Besides using the Alphabetical Index and the page-by-page annotation, you can also take a look at The Crying of Lot 49 covers, read the reviews, or entertain some theories on the source of the title.
How to Use this Wiki
There are two major ways to use this wiki. The first is the The Crying of Lot 49 Alphabetical Index, used to keep track of the myriad characters, real and imagined, as well as events, arcana, and lots of other stuff. The second is the Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page, which allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner. These two sections are so far almost entirely different, but we're working on integrating them.
Apart from those, it's up to you.
Alphabetical IndexInformation on the characters, events, and everything else in The Crying of Lot 49, organized alphabetically:
Page by Page Annotations
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Chapter 5||Chapter 6|
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on Pynchon Wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- When creating a new page, if its information pertains to one (and only one) specific Pynchon novel, please categorize it with the appropriate identifier. For example, a page pertaining to The Crying of Lot 49, should use the syntax
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index, create one using the entry on Peter Tait as an example. Basically, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Name Discussion|DISCUSSION]]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- "Reading Pynchon Today" in the New Partisan
- "Pynchon From A to V" - Excellent!
- Pynchonoid Blog
- Pomona The Crying of Lot 49 pagehttp://www.bookforum.com/archive/sum_05/stry.imgs/pynchon_title.gif
- Wikipedia: The Crying of Lot 49
GalleryBelow are some of the images you will find on Pynchon Wiki.
We will be providing more support for using this wiki in the coming weeks. Feel free to contact us (admin at pynchonwiki dot com) with any questions.
Thanks, and enjoy...